The "Theremin" was invented by Russian radio pioneer Lev|
Termin (anglicised to "Leon Theremin") in the early 20th
century. It was the first completely electronic musical
instrument, pre-dating analogue synthesisers by several
decades. It uses heterodyning principles similar to those
used for radio receivers to produce its uniquely haunting
sound. Much of its charm derives from the fact that the
player's hands do not actually touch the machine during
use; two antennae are used to control pitch and volume,
simply by the proximity of the player's hands.
|This site documents my involvement with and contributions to the fascinating world of the Theremin over the years.|
At this site:
* My History with Theremins with photos
* About Theremin Sensitivity - A math project
* Theremax mods - Improve a popular design
* The "Dis*Player" - A theremin "must have"
* Dis*Player tech article - Build your own!
* My Theremin Music - (so far...)
BAMTRAT - an "authentic" tube theremin
|Theremin Links:||ThereminWorld||Art's Theremin Page|